LSM Services supports the success of co-operative communities through sound management. We provide housing management and community development services to co-operative and non-profit housing communities in Eastern Ontario.
We provide effective and focused support to volunteer boards of directors.
Efficient office management and timely reporting ensures that boards have the information they need to make sound decisions.
Education & Training
LSM Services facilitates workshops, provides chairing services, and offers consulting services on behalf of CHASEO.
We are committed to lifelong learning. Our staff participates regularly in workshops and conferences and volunteer in the broader co-operative sector.
Resources and Organizational Development
Our staff team includes CHASEO instructors and 2020 Vision Compass facilitators.
We deliver the tools and resources our clients need to plan the future that they want!
We are proud and active members of CHASEO, CHF Canada, ONPHA (Ontario Non-Profit Housing Corporation) On Co-op (The Ontario Co-op Association) and, Ottawa Co-op Network.
We continue to be very proud of our engagement and contributions to the non-profit and co-operative housing sectors and broader co-operative movement.
OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM
Prior to starting LSM Services, Lori Simpson provided financial management and community development services to housing co-ops in the Hamilton area as a direct employee, beginning in 1987.
Lori is actively involved in the Co-operative Housing Movement and the broader Co-operative Sector.
- CHF Canada instructor, delivering workshops at CHF Canada Member Education Forums and CHASEO Education Events.
- Housing Services Corporation, Resource Committee, Member
- Ottawa Co-op Network, Member
- Ontario Staff Network, Eastern Ontario Staff Association Representative
- Institute of Housing Management, Human Relations Course
- CHF Canada trained 2020 Vision Facilitator / Instructor
- Sandy Hill Housing Co-operative, Past President, Former Member
- CHF Canada, Conflict Resolution and Mediation Training, 1 week training program
- Golden Horseshoe Co-operative Housing Federation, Co-ordinator Training Program (1987)
Manager, Maintenance & Capital Projects
Geoff began working for LSM Services in the spring of 2012. Geoff spent many years renovating homes before working in the Co-op Housing Sector. Geoff began work as a maintenance employee at Hazeldean Co-op, and then branched out on his own as an independent contractor, providing painting, dry walling, tiling, plumbing, and carpentry services for several Ottawa Co-ops. Geoff accepted a position as a maintenance person at Eagleson Co-op and then became their Housing Co-ordinator for five years. As their Housing Co-ordinator, Geoff undertook many large capital projects (solar pv installation, window replacements, toilet replacements, WindMobile antenna installation, sewer infrastructure replacement, roof replacement, etc).
Geoff also worked as a landscaper/groundskeeper in Victoria BC for three years and subsequently set up his own business in Ottawa after his return and continued the operation during University to pay for his degree.
Joanna is a new member of the LSM Team, coming to us with many years of Property Management Experience. Joanna was a General Manager and Controller for TDO Inc for 7 years and a Manager with Osgoode Properties for 5 years prior to that. Joanna also has extensive volunteer experience.
- Fluent in English and French
- City of Ottawa Module 1: Funding Formula & Operating Budget
- WSIB Certification
- Proficient in Simply Accounting, Constructeur and Yardi, HM Worx, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Seminars: Workplace Health & Safety, How to Supervise People, How to Deliver Exceptional Customer Service
- Accredited Residential Manager, Real Estate Institute of Canada
- Accounting Diploma, Algonquin College
Manager, Human Resources & RGI Administration
Yvonne started working with LSM Services in 2005. Before working at LSM, Yvonne began her career with housing co-ops while living at Sequoia Co-operative Homes. Yvonne was an active member of the Sequoia community serving on the board of directors and participating in the many events at the
- CHF Canada’s Introduction to Co-op Housing Management
- City of Ottawa RGI Training
- City of Ottawa Asset Management Training
- Proficient in HM Worx, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
OUR HOUSING MANAGERS & HOUSING CO-ORDINATORS